Post Office Box 56095
New Orleans, LA 70156
816 N. Rampart Street
New Orleans, LA 70116
1. Establishments that offer live entertainment must take reasonable measures to assure compliance with the requirements of the noise ordinance. Such measures include, but are not limited to, developing and implementing a sound control program and documenting sound level measurements to be kept on file at the premises.
2. Appoint a full time person who will have the authority and affirmative duty to administer and enforce the ordinances, and who shall have the full backing of NOPD and Health Department, and who shall establish and maintain a publicly accessible (via interactive website) centralized record-keeping system to track complaints, enforcement and compliance efforts.
3. Amend ordinance to clarify that all measurements of sound emanating from private or public property in all zoning districts will be taken at the property line of the source of the sound.
4. In order to impose penalties that will deter repeat offenses for abuse of sound ordinance standards, pass state legislation to allow higher or unlimited fines. In the absence of this legislation, consider other deterrents such as limited operating hours or complete shut down of the offending establishment.
5. Make significant revisions to the Mayoralty permitting process to ensure advance public notification and opportunities for public comment prior to granting a mayoralty permit authorizing a sound-producing land-use to the requesting establishment.
6. (Would pertain only to French Quarter) Return decibel levels in Vieux Carré Commercial (VCC) and Vieux Carré Residential (VCR) districts to the following levels which existed in 1997 in the French Quarter and which still currently exist in the Marigny.
VCR: 7 am - 10 pm - L10 60 Lmax 70; 10 pm - 7 am - L10 55 Lmax 60.
VCC: 7 am - 10 pm - L10 65 Lmax 75; 10 pm - 7 am - L10 60 Lmax 65
7. (Would pertain only to French Quarter) Enforce a maximum of 85 Lmax in the VCE for sound protruding into the public space. This maximum helps ensure that citizens and involuntary listeners won’t be exposed to sound beyond acceptable industrial levels. Also, maintain ambient as the standard in the VCE but use as “db level 10 above ambient noise level, not to exceed Lmax 85 db.”
75th Anniversary Gala Auction features Le Moulin!
Have you ever dreamt of spending time in a medieval village in Provence, France? Your dream will come true if you are the successful bidder at our special live auction on the evening of Saturday September 28, 2013 at the Cabildo on Jackson Square at VCPORA’s annual gala, “Vive le Vieux Carré”
The pièce de résistance being offered is a week at an 18th century home in the medieval village of Eyguières, France located in the lovely and picturesque province of Provence. The house was built approximately 250 years ago and is located on two acres on the outskirts of the village at the foot of the Apilles Mountains.
The original two story house is shaded by four 250 year old Provencal Plane trees. This main structure has a living room, dining room, library with wifi, and a full gourmet kitchen with attached pantry. The owner’s two bedrooms are on the second floor. Attached to one end of the main house are the former stables which have been converted into 4 guest bedrooms, each with its own bathroom. There is also a detached former woodshed that has been converted into a guest room which includes a bedroom, bathroom, and sitting area. On the other side of the main house is a two story 100+ year old sawmill which has been completely restored and is used as a grand entertaining room. The mill has a working waterwheel which formerly powered the mill, a dining room table that can seat 12, a large living room couch positioned in front of a fireplace, and a full gymnasium on the mill's mezzanine level. Other Le Moulin amenities include a heated pool with a pool house, and a large outdoor terrace for dining.
The house comes with 2 caretakers, 2 Peugeot convertibles, French TV, satellite TV offering news and programs from England, 6 adult and 2 children’s bicycles, and 2 washers and dryers. Nearby are the towns of St. Remy de Provence, Avignon, and Le-Baux-de Provence. The beaches of San Tropez are a 2 hour drive away.
Le Moulin is a perfect place for a family vacation or a group of friends to gather. We hope you will bid on this wonderful auction item donated by one of our members who appreciates historic preservation.
If you love the French Quarter, please join us for this extraordinary event. Help us celebrate this special occasion and our history of preserving our neighborhood’s culture and architectural heritage.
VCPORA Annual Meeting
Monday, November 7, 2011
Muriel’s Jackson Square
801 Chartres Street
6:30 p.m. Socializing with complimentary wine and cash bar
7:00 p.m. Annual Meeting and Election of Board
Program with Guest Speaker to follow the Annual Meeting
Election of Board of Directors for VCPORA
Message from the President